Diocesan Covid-19 Protocols
The following guide outlines protocols for managing the safety of Diocese and church patrons. Effective Friday 25th February 2022.
- If you are unwell, stay home.
- Singing – Permitted.
- Maximum Attendance – No capacity limits. Social distancing is encouraged.
- Hygiene Practices
- Face Masks are optional and encouraged when social distancing is not possible.
- Sanitisation of hands before entering the church, hall, prayer room, is recommended.
- Priests and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion to wear masks while distributing Holy Communion.
- Priests and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion to purify hands with sanitiser before and after distributing Holy Communion.
- Holy Communion may be received in the hand or on the tongue.
- Sacred Host to be offered only, not the Precious Blood.
- Touching at the sign of peace is permitted at the congregant’s discretion.
- Offertory processions are permitted.
- Collection plates are permitted.
- Priests and Deacons to wear masks during the Baptism.
- We continue to apply Holy Oils with a cotton bud.