Finance and Administration Officer
Diocese of Wagga Wagga
Accounts Officers/Clerks (Accounting)
The Diocese of Wagga Wagga
The Catholic Diocese of Wagga Wagga is a rural diocese situated in the Riverina area of New South Wales. The diocese extends through Junee, Coolamon and Ganmain to Griffith in the north-west down to Tocumwal on the Murray River, east through Albury up to Khancoban and back through Tumbarumba and Tarcutta to Wagga Wagga, where the Cathedral is situated. Home to more 63,000 Catholics, the diocese comprises 31 parishes and 31 primary and secondary Catholic schools. It also has a Centacare which services Southwest New South Wales.
The Diocese now has an opportunity for a new Finance and Administration Officer. This role would suit people with bookkeeping experience. Banking experience would be considered a plus.
Reporting to the Manager Accountancy and Finance and Manager Treasury and Transactional Services the Finance and Administration Officer role is responsible for the following:
- To be a key member of the Diocese, DPF and Chancery Services Team.
- Ensuring financial transactions are entered accurately and accounts reconciled on a timely basis.
- Ensuring financial reports are accurate, complete and timely
- Ensuring customer transaction processes are accurate, complete and timely
- Assisting in the modernising of diocesan record-keeping and other practices
- Maintenance of back end administrative tasks of the Ultracs and transactional services systems
- Develop and maintain effective relationship and deliver excellent customer service to DPF clients
- To be a point of contact for clergy and other agency personnel in relation to accounting, operational and treasury and transactional and administrative services.
- Assisting in planning across all parishes, diocesan agencies and departments in providing those services.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of diocesan policies
- Refer also to the attached Position Description
Conditions of Appointment
This is a Permanent Part Time (28+ hours per week) appointment.
Salary will be determined with the successful applicant.
Leave: 4 week’s annual leave.
Superannuation of 10.5% paid in addition to the above salary.
A motor vehicle, from a pool of cars, is provided for work use only.
This role is located at McAlroy House, 205 Tarcutta Street, Wagga Wagga.
At times you may be required to work at other locations across the Diocese.
You are required to address each of the selection criteria listed below in a separate written statement of no more than 2-3 pages. Your suitability for the position will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role or in a field with readily transferable knowledge and skills;
- Reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers and general ledger accounts on a monthly basis;
- Strong expertise in the field of accounting and administration systems including cloud-based accounting software;
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting concepts;
- Ability to set priorities, plan workloads and meet deadlines through efficient use of time and resources;
- Knowledge and understanding of business and management principles and processes;
- Being able to adopt and adjust to change within the Diocese and its processes;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google suite programs;
- Demonstrated exposure to work in a highly regulated environment, involving complex considerations and offering compliance advice and risk-based solutions; and
- A current NSW Driver’s Licence.
The successful candidate will have a verified Working with Children Check and a National Criminal History Record Check before being appointed.
For further information about the position please contact 02 6937 0004.
How to Apply
You should submit the following documents as your application for this position:
- Cover Letter;
- Statement (of no more than 2-3 pages) which addresses the Selection Criteria in section 6 above; and
Applications are to be emailed to:
Applications close 9:00 pm Friday 11th November 2022.
The position description can be supplied upon request.